Africa Mercy

Africa Mercy

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The adventure begins

June 11, 2014
Peggy keeps telling me to start my blog to make sure it works, so that is what I am doing..being the obedient husband that I am.

We have everything in order, we hope. Both of us have our bags packed and ready to leave this Saturday. I think Peggy finally has this packing down. It only took 2 repacks to get her stuff down below 50 pounds.

We really are blessed beyond words that God is allowing us to do this. You never know what you can do till you say "Yes, Lord" but we have really experienced it in the last 5 years. I know everyone who has helped us financially and with all your prayers will be blessed also, because that is God's promise to us all.

Just a note about our experience with the Mercy Ship organization. They have to be the most organized group we have ever dealt with. They, from the start, have let us know every detail and requirement and have helped us immensely. We get an email almost weekly from a different staff member, welcoming us and letting us know how to keep in contact and if we have any questions to be sure and contact them.

Depending on our internet service, I will try to keep everyone informed of our progress and life on board.  Till then,,


Love
Ken and Peggy

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys! It's your niece Nikki! I just spent a day with Michelle in Galveston and she told me all about your trip. Be safe & I'll be following your blog. It's so amazing what you're doing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete