Africa Mercy

Africa Mercy

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday June 15, 2014..08:00pm Gran Canaria,
Well, it has been a long day and a long flight.
Arrived this afternoon around 2:00 and was picked up at the airport. Arrived at the ship and found it is still in the water until Wednsday,, how great. I had wanted to be here when it came out of the water so now I will get to see the process.
Took a long tour of the ship and filled out forms. Met a lot of people and found my friend Roger, from Hawaii and got to visit with him.
Our cabin is very comfortable and large for us two, but we did find out after Wednsday there will be no A/C while in drydock. Today was cool and I am sure the nights will be cool, but even though, being sealed in a metal box I think we may need to try to find a fan.
Pray for Peggy, I think the trip may have been a bit much, and she is in the room sleeping.
One major setback, I left my laptop at home so I am using the ships internet computers and I have to remember all log ins and passwords to access any of my accounts. I do have my smart phone and that helps but pray I can remember the important things I need to remember. Do not know how to load pictures on this computer yet, so no pictures tonight. I promise I will try to do better tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, maybe later in the week.

Las Palmas is a beautiful beach city, very clean and modern...looks like a nice place to work for 2 months,,,,,or maybe more.

Love to all
Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment